Learn How to Use Canvas Studio (Open Office Hours)
New to Canvas Studio? We can help! JMU Libraries is hosting virtual open office hours this summer to support faculty and staff with Canvas Studio and lecture video needs. Virtual open office hours will be hosted weekly, until August 4, with experts from a variety of disciplines to help you with any of the following, based on your needs:
- Transition from TechSmith Knowmia to Canvas Studio (learn more)
- Manage existing video project files
- Design learning-centered instructional video
- Evaluate whether to use Canvas Studio or Zoom in fully online, in-person, or hybrid learning situations
- Implement best practices for creating instructional videos
- Set up Canvas Studio and teach with Canvas Studio
- Explore resources for Canvas Studio essentials and best practices
- Optimize engagement and assessment options when using Canvas Studio for student interaction
- Explore options for creating captions for your video lectures
Who are the facilitators? A combination of JMU Libraries’ instructional designers, classroom technology experts, instructional media developers, liaison librarians, and media consultants will staff these office hours.
Start exploring now: Canvas Studio will replace TechSmith Knowmia as JMU’s platform for recording, storing, and sharing instructional media in July, but it is already available to all JMU faculty, staff, and students who have a Canvas account. Just look for the Studio icon in the purple navigation menu when you are logged in to your JMU Canvas account. Learn more.
- Thursday, June 2, 2022 Show more dates
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm