Faculty Experiences and Needs Around Online Teaching and Learning
JMU’s Online Teaching & Learning Committee invites faculty to a roundtable discussion with colleagues about their needs and questions regarding online teaching and learning. Among the questions that may be addressed (depending on participant interest) are:
- What are your teaching needs in an online or hybrid learning environment?
- Accessibility, technical infrastructure, teaching tools including software and equipment, student needs, student modality preferences.
- What are your takeaways from teaching in online or hybrid environments throughout the pandemic ? How has your teaching changed?
- How should online learning grow at JMU? What role should online and hybrid learning play in JMU's curriculum?
The Online Teaching & Learning Committee, assembled in summer 2021 by Provost Coltman and Fletcher Linder as JMU’s Chief Online Learning Officer, provides structure and coordination for initiatives that support online teaching and learning. It consists of representatives from JMU Libraries, the Center for Faculty Innovation, JMU Information Technology, the JMU Faculty Senate, JMU Office of Disability Services, JMU Learning Centers, and Professional and Continuing Education.
- Articulate teaching and learning needs for a successful online learning environment.
- Describe strategies and best practices for teaching online, including how strategies or pedagogy have changed since the pandemic.
- Outline strategies, questions, and suggestions to support the development of a long-term strategy for online learning at JMU.
Join the Meeting
This is a virtual event. The meeting link and password will be sent in the registration and reminder emails to all enrolled participants. The email will come from LibCal.
- Thursday, November 11, 2021
- 9:00am - 10:30am
- Special Events