Creating Interactive Learning Objects (a Community of Practice for Faculty)
August 31 update: Thank you for your interest in the Creating Interactive Learning Objects community of practice. We have reached the maximum number of participants for Fall 2021, but you may join our waitlist by scrolling down and clicking the "Begin Registration" button. Questions? Please contact Dr. Xuebin Wei (email@example.com) and Jessica Lantz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Join our new community of practice to learn how to create exciting, interactive quizzes, presentations, videos, and more for your Canvas courses.
By joining this interdisciplinary community, you will:
- Learn how to use a powerful content creation tool called H5P.
- Get support from faculty who have experience using interactive H5P digital objects in their Canvas courses, WordPress sites, and more.
- Build connections with other faculty interested in creating engaging online learning experiences to support student learning.
- Collaboratively explore the value and sustainability of using H5P for teaching and learning at JMU.
- Explore how game-based learning principles can support course design.
- Receive a free one-year subscription to H5P.com (worth $570).
The community of practice will meet via Zoom from 10am to noon on the following dates:
- September 24
- October 8 and 22
- November 5 and 19
- December 3
- Friday, September 24, 2021
- 10:00am - 12:00pm