Introduce yourself to the world of electronics by creating a simple circuit and controlling it with an Arduino Leonardo. Prior to the workshop you will need to visit the Carrier Makery (located in the basement of Carrier library) in order to check out an Arduino/Electronics 101 kit from the circulation desk. The kit contains the following items:
- x2 jumper cables
- x1 Arduino Leonardo
- x1 220 ohm resistor
- x1 2 legged LED
- x1 breadboard
- x1 USB to micro USB cable
You will also need to download and install the Arduino IDE, found here. Please make sure that the IDE is up and running on your computer at the time the workshop starts and that you are in an environment where you can keep your microphone unmuted.
- Construct a simple circuit and control an LED with an Arduino Leonardo
- Write a few lines of code in the Arduino IDE
- Come away with an introductory understanding of electronics and microcontrollers
Join the Meeting
This is a virtual workshop. The meeting link and password will be sent in the registration and reminder emails to all enrolled participants. The email will come from LibCal.
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm