Collaborative Office Hours for Online Teaching and Learning
Ivan Guadarrama (Libraries), Dayna Henry (Libraries Faculty Associate), Iccha Basnyat (Libraries Faculty Associate), Ed Brantmeier (CFI)
Are you teaching a summer or fall online or hybrid class? Are you looking for engaged learning strategies to incorporate into your class? Wondering what updates and practical tips can help you strategize your teaching and engage your students? If “yes”, these virtual office hours offered by JMU Libraries and the Center for Faculty Innovation (CFI) are for you.
Drop in any time during this 90-minute virtual session to discuss your online teaching questions with experts specializing in instructional design, engaged learning, and technologies/resources for online/hybrid teaching. You’ll also be connected with peers and mentors.
When you arrive, you may be invited to join a themed breakout room for focused attention based on your needs.
- Provide customized consultations for instructors teaching online/hybrid classes in summer or fall 2021
- Update JMU faculty with research-based pedagogical solutions
- Share updated technology options and instructional design concepts for engaged learning
- Explore some of the translatable successful practices from remote teaching in 2020
Join the Meeting
This is a virtual workshop. The meeting link and password will be sent in the registration and reminder emails to all enrolled participants. The email will come from LibCal.
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Virtual Workshop Workshop