Educative Assessment with Rubrics, TurnItIn, & Feedback (Hybrid and Online Teaching)
Alanna Whitfield, Morgan Ferretti, Juhong Christie Liu and Jessica Lantz
Assessment should be aligned with learning objectives and holistically measure learning outcomes. This workshop will explore the variety of assessment strategies, tools, and techniques that are available to use within Canvas, with a focus on using Rubrics and TurnItIn with Feedback for educative and authentic assessment.
This is a hybrid format workshop. Participants are encouraged to asynchronously watch this linked introduction video https://jmu.techsmithrelay.com/wXoC before attending the workshop. The synchronous workshop hour will dive deeper into the assessment topics introduced in the video, with a primary focus of discussing participant questions on these topics.
Participants will be able to achieve one or multiple of the following:
- Identify representative assessment use of Rubric and its related use in learning activities
- Relate Assignments, graded discussion with Rubrics in Canvas
- Develop an understanding of TurnitIn use in improving student writing projects
- Evaluate the variety of ways of providing feedback
Join the Meeting
This is a virtual workshop. The meeting link and password will be sent in the registration and reminder emails to all enrolled participants. The email will come from LibCal.
- Thursday, January 14, 2021
- 11:00am - 12:00pm