Video Lecture with Knowmia and Canvas
Ivan Guadarrama & David Gaines
This workshop is designed to help faculty understand the fundamental skills needed to create lecture videos for online and hybrid learning. Participants from this workshop will become aware of recording best practices, basic editing techniques and Canvas integration with TechSmith Knowmia, the JMU supported software for faculty to create, edit and share lecture videos with students and colleagues. Knowmia provides closed captioning, in-video quizzing, online storage, publishing, privacy setting, and analytics. Register for this workshop to gain the skills needed to create rich and meaningful content.
To activate JMU account at TechSmith Knowmia: Follow this link
For TechSmith Knowmia information: Follow this link
- Recognize best practices for video and audio recording
- Appraise privacy, accessibility, and quiz features of Knowmia Profile
- Create video lectures with TechSmith Knowmia, with web recorder and classical recorder
- Connect Knowmia video lectures with Canvas integration
Join the Meeting
This is a virtual workshop. The meeting link and password will be sent in the registration and reminder emails to all enrolled participants. The email will come from LibCal.
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm