Temporary Remote Teaching – Online Synchronous Workshop
You may view a video recording of this workshop - start with March 10 Workshop Part 1, then view Part 2; then March 12 recordings Part 1 and Part 2. See also our Support for Temporary Online Teaching and Learning news item and JMU's Coronavirus FAQ for up-to-date information on the situation.
Juhong Christie Liu
When social distancing is necessary for weather- or illness-related reasons, remote teaching can enable students to pursue learning beyond the boundary of a classroom. Best practices of preparation lay the groundwork for meaningful learning experiences through the temporarily remote/online mode. This session will prepare you to move course content, assignments and activities online, with the following objectives:
- Identify immediate course development needs and formats;
- Review unique features in the online environment that drive quality learning;
- Modify existing syllabi to reflect online teaching and learning;
- Develop sample online learning activities;
- Identify technologies and resources that can support your course development.
Online Synchronous Format:
This is an online virtual workshop synchronously hosted through WebEx, which means that a participant can join it online from home, office, or any location with stable Internet access and a headset with a microphone.
Image credit: Pixabay Geralt
- Thursday, March 12, 2020
- 12:30pm - 2:30pm