Assessment and Evaluation of Service Learning and Community Engagement
Jamie Williams (JMU CS-L), Juhong Christie Liu (JMU Libraries), Daisy Breneman (JMU Justice Studies, Libraries Faculty Associate, and Disability Minors), Steve Grande (JMU CS-L)
In this workshop, professionals from CSL, the JMU Libraries, and other JMU partners will offer tools, strategies, and approaches for assessing and evaluating service-learning and engagement, at various stages and levels of engagement (for example, classroom, departmental, or unit).
- Describe the assessment of service-learning projects & evaluation of community engagement programs.
- Discuss practices of assessing service-learning projects.
- Explore assessment design for service-learning projects.
- Discuss practices and conceptualization of evaluating community engagement programs.
Lunch will be served. After checking the menu, please indicate any medically necessary dietary restrictions on the registration page.
Winter Garden Grain Bowls
Mediterranean Grain Bowl with Chicken, Farro, Roasted Cauliflower, Feta Cheese, Kalamata Olives, Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette (meat separated)
5 Spice Veggie Quinoa Bowl with Sweet Potatoes, Peas, Carrots, Kale, Quinoa (Vegetarian)
Hummus and Pita Wedges (Vegetarian)
Assorted Cookies (Vegetarian)
- Thursday, February 27, 2020
- 12:30pm - 2:30pm
- SSC 2100