3D Printed Topographic Maps
Imagine transporting your students to a location without having to leave Harrisonburg. Or, help your class visualize complex geologic concepts such as soil erosion. Topographic maps are used in many different fields of study, such as engineering, city planning, geographic sciences, and geology. On the other hand, 3D printed objects have applications in art, materials science, and beyond. In this workshop, we’ll explore how to use 3D printed topographic maps to make lessons more accessible and engaging for all students. No experience is necessary.
- Identify ways to use 3D topographic maps in teaching and learning
- Generate a model to print using Terrain2STL
- Learn and apply the basics of 3D printing by sending a model to print
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Carrier 3SPACE (Room 101)