Online Teaching at Its Best: Collaborative Book Talk
Eric Stauffer & Juhong Christie Liu
We've read the book so you don't have to! Join us for lunch while we host a discussion highlighting topics from the book Online Teaching at Its Best (Nilson and Goodson, 2018). Specially designed for faculty who may have already attended previous online learning programming in the Libraries or are currently teaching online courses to meet with fellow online instructors and see what's new in online learning. There will be time to meet with fellow online instructors, discuss instructional factors unique to online learning, explore new software, and gain awareness of resources both on- and off-campus. The event will also be streamed via WebEx for off-campus instructors.
- Develop a shared understanding of the best practice of teaching online with with the optimal integration of instructional design and pedagogy;
- Gain awareness of new tools for online learning;
- Explore resources for online learning at JMU;
- Develop a professional learning network at JMU that continually pursues the high quality of online teaching through consistent integration of the best practice of instructional design and pedagogy with a foundation in the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Lunch will be served for in-person participants. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions when registering.
Duke Dog`s Deli
- Sliced oven-roasted turkey, sliced roast beef, deli ham, hummus
- Cheddar cheese, swiss cheese
- Garnish tray (lettuce, onion, pickles, tomato)
- Assorted breads
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Kettle chips
- Assorted crave-worthy cookies
- Iced tea
- Iced water
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- 12:30pm - 2:30pm
- Rose 5211