Is Virtual Reality Ready for Higher Education?
Explore a wide variety of VR tools for use with your students while demonstrating the major roadblocks to full adoption in the classroom. Over the duration of this hands-on workshop, participants will gain an awareness of the spectrum of devices and experiences that can be achieved with VR including what it takes to create your own VR experience. All are welcome to this entertaining half-day workshop. It is highly encourage that you bring your own smartphone to engage in some of the activities. Snacks will be provided.
- Engage in VR consumption on a variety of platforms
- Locate content specific VR experiences on YouTube
- Gain awareness of a variety of hardware related to VR
- Experience VR in the Makery
- Discuss the pros and cons of VR in the classroom
- Tuesday, July 17, 2018
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
- TLT Lab (Room 5308)
- Rose Library