Laser Cutting 101: Intro & Basics
Make something of your own on the Glowforge laser cutter in The Makery! Take this workshop to explore the basics of laser cutting, including information on computer numerical control (CNC) machine operation and safety, and how to set yourself up for success with a great project suited for the medium.
In this workshop, you will join a knowledgeable staff member and see behind the scenes into the step-by-step process of creating simple laser cut objects using Adobe Illustrator and the Glowforge web interface. Completed keychain projects designed during the workshop will be available to take home when the workshop is over.
Held in The Makery on the first floor of Rose Library. To reserve your spot, scroll down and select the Begin Registration button.
In this workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Explain the difference between raster and vector graphics
- Create basic shapes and designs in Adobe Illustrator
- Operate the Glowforge laser cutter safely to cut or engrave approved materials
Jared Wark, Makerspace Instructor
View all Makery events, including additional Spring 2024 offerings of this workshop.
- Friday, February 23, 2024 Show more dates
- 2:00pm - 3:15pm
- Rose Makery (First Floor)