Laser Cutting 201: Designing for the Laser Cutter
Learn to create and adapt designs for use on the Glowforge laser cutter in The Makery! This followup workshop builds on the basics learned in Laser Cutting 101 to empower you to create your own custom projects using a laser cutter. In this workshop, you will receive direct instruction and advice on using Adobe Illustrator and the Glowforge web interface to set up and start projects designed specifically for laser cut applications. Topics covered will include optimal order of operations, operation grouping, material properties, and kerf compensation, among other things.
In this workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Feel more comfortable working within Adobe Illustrator
- Design multi-step or multi-part laser cutting projects
- Operate the Glowforge laser cutter safely to cut, score, and engrave approved materials
Jared Wark, Makerspace Instructor
View more events
View all Makery events, including additional Fall 2023 offerings of this workshop.
- Thursday, November 16, 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm
- Rose Makery (First Floor)