Beat Making 101 with BandLab
Catch the wave and learn the foundations of making your own beats in this fresh workshop. Get an overview of a free, browser-based tool for music production and beat making. Learn basic production concepts like adding or editing samples—and then experiment and explore with support. No experience required! Bring headphones and a laptop.
In this workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Create a new project in Bandlab
- Navigate basic Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) UI and workflow
- Create a new midi track and create a new audio track, and understand the difference between the two, wow!
- Create a basic lofi beat
- Apply audio effects to parts of a project
- *Bonus: Apply automation to those effects.
Adam Wirdzek, Makerspace Instructor
View more events
View all Makery events, including additional Fall 2023 offerings of this workshop.
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023
- 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Rose TLT Lab (Room 5308)