Innovation with Accessibility and Universal Design - A Roundtable Discussion
This roundtable will engage in a discussion about both the theoretical foundations and practical applications of accessibility and universal design, and explore uses of technology that enhance access and universal design. Community members from the local nonprofit The Universal Design Project, as well as faculty and staff from the Office of Disability Services, the Libraries and Educational Technologies, and academic departments will share insights and information, as well as engage participants in a conversation about strategies for creating access for diverse learners through universal design.
Through this roundtable, participants will
· Share information and updates about accessibility and universal design guidelines
· Exchange instructional practice related to accessibility and universal design
· Investigate practical approaches to accessibility and universal design from teaching and learning perspectives
· Explore community engagement opportunities for access and universal design
Please register for this roundtable here: https://workshop.cit.jmu.edu/courses/120
For more information, contact Christie Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Monday, February 26, 2018
- 3:00pm - 4:30pm
- Rose Library