Teaching with Canvas and Zoom at JMU: Asynchronous Workshop for All Skill Levels
This series of asynchronous workshops are planned to empower faculty with the skills needed to build online environments for effective student learning through Canvas and Zoom. This is a self-directed and self-paced Canvas-based collection of instructional materials on pedagogies, technologies, and practical strategies for hybrid and online teaching and learning.
Join this self-paced workshop to learn the essentials of teaching with Canvas and Zoom, planning the semester-long teaching holistically and taking away practical TO-DOs with the optimal integration of Canvas features in your classes. The offering will be gradually updated throughout the semester.
At the completion of this workshop, participants will:
- identify essential Canvas and Zoom functionalities for teaching.
- gain a strong understanding of building online environments with Canvas and Zoom.
- describe strategies for optimal use of Canvas and Zoom in teaching.
- explore resources and materials to support asynchronous and synchronous learning.
- Connect teaching needs for asynchronous and synchronous learning with the support and services from JMU Libraries.
If you have further questions about redesigning your courses with technologies affordance and teaching with educational technologies, please reach out to instructional designers and educational technologists in JMU Libraries by visiting one of these Welcome Back to School Online Office Hours or fill this Consultation Form. One of us will be in touch with you.
Directions for Access:
This is an asynchronous Canvas course that can be completed anytime during the spring 2022 semester. Register below and you will receive the link to the Canvas course in the confirmation email from LibCal.
- Thursday, May 5, 2022
- All Day Event
- Asynchronous Canvas Course