Faculty who are interested in either teaching or holding meetings online will be interested in this session where we will train you in best practices when using video conferencing software and hardware. This hands-on session will demonstrate how to schedule meetings and class times, prepare for meetings in advance, and explore the tools that are available to you as an instructor. Specific attention will be placed on the utilization of WebEx but we will also discuss the benefits and possible downsides of using a wider number of tools such as Skype, Zoom, and Google Hangouts.
After this session participants will be able to:
- Navigate and log into the stand alone https://jmu.webex.com website
- Schedule either a WebEx Meeting Center or Training Center session based on meeting type outside of Canvas
- Schedule either a WebEx Meeting Center or Training Center session based on meeting type inside of Canvas
- Download and install WebEx plug-in within their browser
- Select correct audio type for session
- Select and set up audio and video inputs and outputs
- Explore the presentation tools in Meeting Center
- Record their screen and locate where the recording is found after a meeting has ended.
- Explore the teaching tools in Training Center
- Decide when to select Meeting Center or Training Center
- Discuss the when you might decided to use other video conferencing tools such as Skype, Zoom, and Google Hangouts.
- Monday, August 19, 2019
- 2:00pm - 4:30pm
- TLT Lab (Room 5308)
- Rose Library