Universal Design consists of an inclusive set of principles that can be customized with users, settings, and technologies. With the purpose of helping create accessible academic courses, this class provides an introduction to Universal Design both as a tool for teaching and a hands-on approach to formatting content in Canvas Learning Management System. We will look in depth at accessible design features in Canvas and practice accessibility features that can be integrated to courses in Canvas.
- Discuss Universal Design principles for teaching and learning;
- Identify accessibility functions that are supported in Canvas;
- Practice representative accessibility features in Canvas;
- Evaluate how these principles and features can be used in teaching and learning.
- Thursday, September 27, 2018
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- TLT Lab (Room 5308)
- Rose Library